|Harvey Tindall d800b97f69||1 month ago|
|.github||1 year ago|
|common||2 years ago|
|config||4 months ago|
|css||4 months ago|
|docs||3 years ago|
|html||4 months ago|
|images||1 year ago|
|lang||4 months ago|
|linecache||2 years ago|
|logger||2 years ago|
|2 years ago|
|ombi||1 year ago|
|scripts||1 year ago|
|site||4 months ago|
|static||2 years ago|
|ts||4 months ago|
|.drone.yml||2 years ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|.goreleaser.yml||1 year ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.md||2 years ago|
|Dockerfile||1 year ago|
|LICENSE||2 years ago|
|Makefile||4 months ago|
|README.md||1 month ago|
|api-invites.go||1 year ago|
|api-messages.go||4 months ago|
|api-ombi.go||1 year ago|
|api-profiles.go||1 year ago|
|api-users.go||4 months ago|
|api.go||1 year ago|
|args.go||2 years ago|
|auth.go||1 year ago|
|autostart.go||2 years ago|
|config.go||1 year ago|
|daemon.go||4 months ago|
|discord.go||3 months ago|
|email.go||1 year ago|
|exit.go||4 months ago|
|external.go||2 years ago|
|go.mod||3 months ago|
|go.sum||3 months ago|
|internal.go||2 years ago|
|jfa-go.service||2 years ago|
|lang.go||2 years ago|
|log.go||4 months ago|
|main.go||1 year ago|
|matrix.go||2 years ago|
|matrix_crypto.go||2 years ago|
|matrix_nocrypto.go||2 years ago|
|migrations.go||1 year ago|
|models.go||4 months ago|
|notray.go||2 years ago|
|package-lock.json||5 months ago|
|package.json||5 months ago|
|pwreset.go||2 years ago|
|pwval.go||2 years ago|
|restart.go||2 years ago|
|restart_windows.go||2 years ago|
|router.go||4 months ago|
|setup.go||1 year ago|
|static.go||2 years ago|
|storage.go||4 months ago|
|stripmd.go||2 years ago|
|tailwind.config.js||1 year ago|
|telegram.go||2 years ago|
|template.go||2 years ago|
|tray.go||4 months ago|
|updater.go||1 year ago|
|userdaemon.go||2 years ago|
|views.go||4 months ago|
docker | debian/ubuntu | arch (aur) | other platforms
Due to studies and general lack of enthusiasm for work on this project, new features are unlikely, and while occasionally I might fix a bug or two, I won't be supporting the project a lot.
Does it still work?
jfa-go still appears to work on the latest version of Jellyfin (10.8.9), and unless any large architectural changes occur to it, functionality should still remain.
None of these have been tested by myself, but I have seen them mentioned quite frequently.
- Wizarr focuses on invites, and also includes some Discord & Ombi integration.
- Jellyseerr is a fork of Overseerr, which can manage users and mainly acts as an Ombi alternative.
- Organizr doesn't focus on Jellyfin, but allows putting self-hosted services into "tabs" on a central page, and allows creating users, which lets one control who can access what.
jfa-go is a user management app for Jellyfin (and now Emby) that provides invite-based account creation as well as other features that make one's instance much easier to manage.
a rewrite of jellyfin-accounts (original naming for both, ik 😂).
- 🧑 Invite based account creation: Send invites to your friends or family, and let them choose their own username and password without relying on you.
- Send invites via a link and/or email
- Granular control over invites: Validity period as well as number of uses can be specified.
- Account profiles: Assign settings profiles to invites so new users have your predefined permissions, homescreen layout, etc. applied to their account on creation.
- Password validation: Ensure users choose a strong password.
- CAPTCHAs can be enabled to avoid bots
- ⌛ User expiry: Specify a validity period, and new users accounts will be disabled/deleted after it. The period can be manually extended too.
- 🔗 Ombi Integration: Automatically creates Ombi accounts for new users using their email address and login details, and your own defined set of permissions.
- Account management: Apply settings to your users individually or en masse, and delete users, optionally sending them an email notification with a reason.
- Telegram/Discord/Matrix Integration: Verify users via a chat bot, and send Password Resets, Announcements, etc. through it.
- 📨 Email storage: Add your existing users email addresses through the UI, and jfa-go will ask new users for them on account creation.
- Email addresses can optionally be used instead of usernames
- 🔑 Password resets: When users forget their passwords and request a change in Jellyfin, jfa-go reads the PIN from the created file and sends it straight to them via email/telegram.
- Admin Notifications: Get notified when someone creates an account, or an invite expires.
- 📣 Announcements: Bulk message your users with announcements about your server.
- Authentication via Jellyfin: Instead of using separate credentials for jfa-go and Jellyfin, jfa-go can use it as the authentication provider.
- Enables the usage of jfa-go by multiple people
- 🌓 Customizations
- Customize emails with variables and markdown
- Specify contact and help messages to appear in emails and pages
- Light and dark themes available
TrayIcon builds include a tray icon to start/stop/restart, and an option to automatically start when you log-in to your computer. For Linux users, these builds depend on the
libappindicator package for Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora, and Alpine respectively.
docker create \ --name "jfa-go" \ # Whatever you want to name it -p 8056:8056 \ # -p 8057:8057 if using tls -v /path/to/.config/jfa-go:/data \ # Path to wherever you want to store the config file and other data -v /path/to/jellyfin:/jf \ # Path to Jellyfin config directory, ignore if using Emby -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \ # Makes sure time is correct hrfee/jfa-go # hrfee/jfa-go:unstable for latest build from git
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install curl apt-transport-https gnupg curl https://apt.hrfee.dev/hrfee.pubkey.gpg | sudo apt-key add - # For stable releases echo "deb https://apt.hrfee.dev trusty main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hrfee.list # ------ # For unstable releases echo "deb https://apt.hrfee.dev trusty-unstable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hrfee.list # ------ sudo apt-get update # For servers sudo apt-get install jfa-go # ------ # For desktops/servers with GUI (has dependencies) sudo apt-get install jfa-go-tray # ------
Available on the AUR as:
- jfa-go (stable)
- jfa-go-bin (pre-compiled, stable)
- jfa-go-git (nightly)
Download precompiled binaries from:
- The releases section (stable)
- Buildrone (nightly)
jfa-go.exe executable to somewhere useful.
- For *nix/macOS users,
chmod +x jfa-gothen place it somewhere in your PATH like
Run the executable to start.
Build from source
If you're using docker, a Dockerfile is provided that builds from source.
Otherwise, full build instructions can be found here.
jfa-go to start the application. A setup wizard will start on
localhost:8056 (or your own specified address). Upon completion, refresh the page.
Usage of jfa-go: start start jfa-go as a daemon and run in the background. stop stop a daemonized instance of jfa-go. systemd generate a systemd .service file. -config, -c string alternate path to config file. (default "/home/hrfee/.config/jfa-go/config.ini") -data, -d string alternate path to data directory. (default "/home/hrfee/.config/jfa-go") -debug Enables debug logging. -help, -h prints this message. -host string alternate address to host web ui on. -port, -p int alternate port to host web ui on. -pprof Exposes pprof profiler on /debug/pprof. -swagger Enable swagger at /swagger/index.html
jfa-go does not run as a daemon by default. Run
jfa-go systemd to create a systemd
.service file in your current directory, which you can copy into
~/.config/systemd/user or somewhere else.
If you're switching from jellyfin-accounts, copy your existing
XDG_CONFIG_DIR/jfa-go(usually ~/.config/jfa-go) on *nix systems,
~/Library/Application Support/jfa-goon macOS.
(or specify config/data path with
See the wiki page or CONTRIBUTING.md.
For translations, use the weblate instance here. You can login with github.
Big thanks to those who sponsor me. You can see them below: